Tri-ing to find a Cure! This is my training and fundraising log.

This blog is to keep you updated on my training and fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training triathlon.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Ralphs is lame

Today has not been the most encouraging. So yesterday I spend forever making calls to grocery stores trying to get donations. I finally got Ralphs and Food4Less to say yes! Then today-I go to the Ralphs to hand in my letter, and the man in the suit decides he doesn't wanna give it to me after all, because the event is not a church within a two-mile radius of the store. I almost blew up, but I decided to take my letter and walk out. I seriously almost cried in the car; I was so upset. How could someone tell me they would donate, and then change their mind like that? All I gotta say is Ralphs is lame. (Yes, that's bad publicity.)

I must admit, this fundraising is VERY time consuming and a bit overwhelming at times. I've never had to do this before so it's all a new language and attitude to me. I am definitely learning a lot from it. For example, make sure to talk to the right person on the phone. I've also learned more about people's character. Some people have a big heart and want to give to a good cause, yet others avoid the subject altogether and believe it or not, some have even tried to discourage me and make fun of me for doing this.

Needless to say, this can be a heart fulfilling, and sometimes heart breaking experience.

So, I'm very excited because I'm about to go get fitted for my bike and I will be using it tomorrow at our first "brick" workout. This is a combination of a bike and run. So tomorrow we will bike for 2 1/2 miles and then run 1/2 mile. We repeat this SIX times. I'm really excited about it. I've been wondering what it feels like to run after getting off the bike, and tomorrow I will find out.

Last Saturday, we did the big climb up Scripps Poway Road and I managed to do it twice! It was really tough, but well worth it. I love hills! No, I really do.

This is after the bike climb last Saturday, with Jenny and Dana....




I've gotta say this whole training/fundraising is not easy. But YOUR support, along with all of the mentors motivates me more than you know.

Please, if you're planning on donating, do it before July 8th!!! I need 25% of my fundraising by this date. Thanks for your support!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/seifi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home