My new bike!!
Ok, so I'm really excited 'cause I bought a BIKE last night!!! After about a month of research and bike shop scoping, I finally found the right bike. :)
Considering that a road bike is a significant investment, and that realistically I could have bought a used car with the money, OH-and being the nerdy person that I am- it took me a while to make the final decision. But yes, the decision has been made and the Cannondale R700 is mine baby!
It's hand made, super light with pretty good components (Shimano Ultegra rear derailer and brakes and 105 front derailer, carbon fork and seat post). I gotta say that I have learned more than I ever wanted to about bikes, not to mention that I have been to virtually every bike shop in San Diego, and a few in LA.
And a huge thanks to my teammate, Katie, who recommended Adams Avenue Bicycles, and who came to the shop with me, which took over two hours. She had a great experience there, so I decided to check it out. I'm glad it was the last bike shop I had to check out, because by that time I had done all my homework and knew what I wanted. All I needed was a super good deal (which turned out to be a Team In Training discount) and the comfort that I was buying it from the right shop. And indeed I felt like I got it from the right place. Thanks to Katie and Adams Avenue Bicycle shop, I will be be riding my very own ride. Sweeet!!
By the way: Pictures of this beauty are on the way. They had to order the bike, so it's on it's way. So, that means that my glutes will be the first to ride on the saddle. Now, that's a deal!!
Here's my bike, except in the blue:
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/CUSA/model-6RW7T.html
And here's my Team In Training page to make donations!! Thanks!!
http://www.active.com/donate/tntsdh/seifi

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home