Tri-ing to find a Cure! This is my training and fundraising log.

This blog is to keep you updated on my training and fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team In Training triathlon.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I SWAM 2 MILES!!


Ok, I'll go ahead and say it. I swam TWO MILES last night. I don't mean to brag, but I feel really good about this. Since swimming is the weakest sport for me, this is a pretty significant milestone in my triathlon 'journey'. We started from La Jolla Shores and swam to the cove, and BACK! Don't forget the 'back' because it's just as important ;)

Thankfully it was not very choppy and we were able to swim in a fairly straight line. On our way back, it was soo beautiful! The sun was setting and the water had a slick, dark color and it was just so peaceful. I looked around me and felt a sense of peace. Why peace, when there were probably hundreds of creatures under me? I don't know, but every time I thought there was a creature under me, I just told myself I was seeing things, and just kept on swimming!!
It started to get kinda dark and my ears were about to capacity filled with water, but I just kept on paddling and gliding, and paddling, and treading water, until I got to shore!!

It was a pretty magical moment, as if I arrived on a deserted island after my boat had sunk. I don't have a boat, but that's not the point. Point is I swam two miles!!!
Uummm, yeah….my arms are pretty sore.

I'll have a picture of the scene soon. Ahem, someone left their camera in my car which has the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home